Roller Covers!

There are so many different types of roller covers out there, that choosing the right one can be tough. There are different covers for different uses and many sizes to choose from too. I’ll explain what some of these covers are, so that you’ll choose the right one for your project.

You probably already know that there are different lengths, but lets talk a little about the different types, and the different naps, of each cover.

With nap, there are 3/8, 1/2, & 3/4 inch just to name a few. The bigger the nap, the more paint it will hold. 3/8 ” covers are great if you are painting doors or any surface that requires a very smooth finish. 1/2 ” covers are great for most surfaces including drywall. 3/4 ” covers are good when painting a surface like cement block (basement walls).

As far as the different types, a multi-purpose cover can be used in most cases. If you are painting doors, a soft woven cover is best. These covers are usually white and easily recognized. These are the covers to use anytime that you are painting with red, also. Personally, I like to use lambswool covers, for walls and ceilings, because they can be cleaned repeatedly. Some of the other covers are cleanable, but maybe only a couple of times.

You’ve probably seen the many types of mini rollers. These are great for painting corners and smaller areas, like above doors. We also use them to paint our edges that are taped.

This was just a little information about roller covers, from my experience. I always suggest that you ask your local paint professional about which product suits your particular job. Happy Painting!


Drikatruu Jelly Logo